Thursday, August 12, 2010

Henna Tattoo

I went to a girlfriends birthday party in June and she had a henna artist there doing tattoos.  Now, I would never get a permanent tattoo, but this only lasts a few weeks and is all natural.  She used a plant-based paste to draw on the image and the pigments from the plant color your skin.
As she worked on the details of the image, she explained the meaning behind the image I chose.  The circle with a dot in the center of the image signifies being centered and the 4 hearts around the circle mean centered love in all 4 directions and all 4 seasons.  The chain on both sides of my foot is ancestoral, showing value in past generations and those to come.  It also shows growth and potential.  The dots on the chain and by the hearts are sparks of new ideas and passion.  I'll bet you never thought you could learn so much about me by looking at my foot!  ;)

No comments: