Friday, March 13, 2009

3-9-09 to 3-12-09 (Monday to Thursday)

Monday night, Josh and Daddy installed the 1st 3 rows of hardwood. You can either face nail (which you then have to fill with woodfiller and hope it matches) or predrill the tongue and groove and drive nails in through the side of the plank. We did the latter to keep the look of those 3 rows clean. So 3 rows are in and we will pick up the nailer tomorrow for the rest.
Tuesday: We drove to Boulder to rent a nailer from a person who had it listed on Craigs List, $10/day or $50/week. This is way cheap...a rental anywhere else is about $65/day. So we can take our time and do a little each night. We had a lot of help selecting board, knocking them into place, and even giving the nailer a whack! The boys are loving this project. Although, Jaydon thinks it's "too loud"!
Wednesday: I gave Josh the camera and Jared continued to help installing boards. We made it past the doorway to the kitchen tonight, so we're about 1/4 the way done.
Thursday: I think we are getting really efficient at this. We are roughly 2/3 done and plan on finishing Friday! I'm really enjoying this project. It's easier and cleaner then tiling and the results are amazing. LOVE the hardwood...wish I had done the entire room like I had originally planned. This Acacia (Asian walnut) is extremely hard and a very good choice for our household (with 3 crazy boys). I also painted the spare room while the boys were in school. Sylvia helped and we managed to almost complete the project. Only a few touch-ups for Friday! I'll shoot a pic as soon as it's complete! I definately get more done (efficiently) when I have a lot to do. Crazy logic!!!

No comments: